Friday, October 15, 2010

Apple Pie (Green) Smoothie - Recipe





















So, it's fall in New England and I have been craving apples!

Tonight I wanted something simple...something that had greens but wasn't a salad. I was also thinking about apples. I went online to look up apple smoothie recipes for inspiration and ended up creating this one.

It was yummy. So yummy that I drank almost all of it before I could take a picture!

I liked it just the way it was...room temperature and creamy but my husband and son said they would prefer it cold. So they put theirs in the fridge.

Let me know what you think.

Apple Pie "Green" Smoothie

2 apples, rough chopped (I used red apples)
4 pitted, soft dates
1 cup rice milk, vanilla or plain
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
a pinch of sea salt
2-3 tablespoons agave syrup
1 tablespoon Lecithin (optional)
3 generous sprinkles of "apple pie spice"
1/2 of a peeled cucumber, rough chopped
1 extra large hand full of romaine

Blend it all in a high speed blender (I use a K-tec) and enjoy!

* it made two large glass fulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!