Monday, July 4, 2011

Quickie Quinoa Summer Salad



I just whipped up this super simple recipe for lunch. It was so light and cool on a hot, summer day. I combined what sounded good to me at the time, so be flexible and listen to what your body needs. Add or delete anything that seems right to you. I really loved the creaminess of the avocado with the snap of the quinoa.

Also, because I just threw this together, all measurements are approximate. It’s always a good idea to start with less and add to, it if needed

Quickie Quinoa Summer Salad

3/4 cup of cooked quinoa, at room temperature
1 teaspoon veganaise
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
A drizzle of good quality olive oil
½ of an avocado, chopped into small chunks
½ of a tomato, chopped into chunks
A BIG handful of fresh basil, washed and chopped
*Optional – a few black olives, chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste if desired ( I didn’t use any and it was still really tasty)

Gently toss all ingredients together in a pretty bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!