Sunday, April 3, 2011

Zippy Dip and Dressing

 


















Zippy Dip and Dressing

I really, really love artichokes and I was looking for a new option for dipping the perfectly steamed petals into. I sometimes like an Italian type dressing or melted (vegan) "butter" but this time I was craving something creamy.

I was visiting my parents in California and had purchased a yummy new Miso Ginger salad dressing. I decided to mix a bit of that into a small bowl of Vegenaise... Voila! A smooth, creamy, tangy dip that didn't overpower, but actually complemented the buttery flavor of the steamed artichoke. I didn't really measure...just did it to taste.

Since creating this concoction, I have gone on to use it as a topping for veggie burgers, a spread on sandwiches or wraps and as a creamy salad dressing...mmmmmm.

I preferred this exact combination of these brands and specific flavors but you could switch it up...try other favorite brands or ingredients ...let me know what YOU discover!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!