Friday, July 23, 2010

Pasta Sauce Fix Up - Tip

I recently made some pasta for my family and did a little alteration to the store bought red sauce.
My son doesn’t like chunks of tomato in his sauce so I decided to blend it to make it smooth.
While I was at it, I thought it was a good opportunity to add some nutrition.
I peeled and rough cut a couple of raw zucchinis and threw them in the blender too. I added some fresh garlic and some more fresh herbs. Once blended it was smooth and creamy and pretty pinkish-red color.
It almost looked like a Vodka Sauce.
Because he is really open to eating healthy foods (if they taste good) I told him about my additions. He thought it was so cool because he didn’t taste the zucchini but still got all of the nutritional benefits.
He isn’t a fan of zucchini on it’s own, so this was a great way to get him to eat…
and most importantly, enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!