These are SO good! Like healthy little brownie nuggets…no baking, super easy and all natural ingredients!
This recipe is all approximate! I do it by “feel” but this should give you somewhere to start. If it seems too dry add more liquidy stuff like dates, vanilla or agave…if it is too sticky add more dry stuff like ground nuts.
Play with it a bit until the little bombs hold together with out being oily, crumbly or loose.
2 cups of nuts of your choice. I used pecans.
1 to 2 cups of pitted soft dates
3 to 4 teaspoons of vanilla
½ to 1 cup of sunflower seed butter
1 to 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
2 to 4 tablespoons cocoa (optional)
* grind the nuts finely in a small food processor or a high speed blender
* move the ground nuts to a separate bowl
For the next steps, start with the smaller amount of each additional ingredient that is listed above…
* Put the dates into the food processor or high speed blender and blend until chopped very small and sort of chewey
* Add the ground nuts to the chopped dates (if you want you can reserve a small amount of the ground nuts to dip the bombs in after they are rolled)
* Also add the vanilla and agave
* Add the cocoa if desired
* Blend all until it binds together…add dry or wet ingredients as needed
* Roll into small balls and dip in ground nuts if desired.
* Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!