Thursday, June 24, 2010

Semi Raw Vegan Homemade Brownies

Treats we make to share with friends...
no wheat, no eggs, no dairy, no peanuts.
They always get a big "thumbs up"!

I think this is a great recipe to start out with...
tastes amazing and begins introducing you to the wonderful world of "raw foods".
I can't remember which books
some of this came out of..
so I apologize that I can't give an accurate reference.

Vegan Black and White Brownies:
* 2 cups pecans (or any nuts you like)
* 2 cups dates pitted and soaked in water for 5-10 min.
* 2/3 cup raw cacao powder (available at Whole Foods or health foods stores)
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* pinch of sea salt

Blend dates in a food processor or high speed blender till a paste.

Separately grind nuts in a blender or chopper. Mix all ingredients in a bowl with your hands and press in a glass pan. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to set up.

When set, cut into squares, remove from pan and place on a platter, top with the frosting below and drizzle with the chocolate syrup below.

The chocolate syrup turns into a shell when refrigerated! yum

Frosting:

“Pamela’s Products” Vanilla Frosting Mix (available at natural food stores or Whole Foods)
I use Earth Balance in place of the butter to eliminate the dairy.
Just follow the package directions.

Chocolate Sauce:

½ cup Raw Cacao Powder (available at Whole Foods or health foods stores)
¼ cup Coconut Oil
¼ cup Agave syrup
mix by hand in a small bowl till smooth
* great on any dessert!

* Note: I did non create these individual recipes
but I did combine them to make these yummy treats.

2 comments:

  1. These were excellent! I made a few minor changes: using walnuts for pecans (b/c WF didn't have organic pecans) and coconut spread for butter (vegan and soy free) and all I can say is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't they SO decadent!!! So glad you liked them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!