Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vegan, Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds - Daiya

So I already posted about the cheddar flavor shreds from this company,
a nice option...

But yesterday, I tried these...the mozzarella style

I think I'm in love.

I made a little toaster pizza type thing
using my "safe" sliced bread
some tomato sauce
and these shreds...
yum!!

and that coming from a recovering cheese addict.

They look a little weird, sort of ruffled
but when I took a bite, the texture was like dairy mozzarella.
Creamy, stretchy, smooth.

Today I took two "safe" pumpernickel type bread rounds, toasted them with the mozzarella type shreds and then topped it with some cool, fresh, smashed avocado...with a little nutritional yeast mixed in...
it was delicious.

But the BEST part was that it was allergen free for me.
That is a true gift.

Let me know if you try them...

Dairy, lactose and casein free,
Gluten and soy free,
Cholesterol free.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!