Thursday, June 17, 2010

Allergen Free English Muffins - Joan's Great Bakes


OMG!
We were visiting family friends in Connecticut last week and stumbled onto a wonderful small, local
natural foods store in New Canaan.

I asked the owners if they had any local bread options for people with dairy, wheat and egg allergies.
I am always trying to find tasty bread...no small feat!

They recommended these English muffins...found in the freezer section.
Because of past experience, I have avoided trying allergen free bread from the freezer section.
Not great texture and taste but...

These were amazing!!
Like REAL English muffins!

I haven't tried any of their other products yet but unfortunately from a quick scan of their website, 
 I don't think many of them are free of all of these allergens.

I am just grateful they created these!
Now I have to figure out how to get them...
order online?
Ask my local health food store to carry them?
You can be sure, I will find a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!